Practising Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements:
- The hotel completed the Yorkshire 3 Peaks and raised GBP 600 for the World Childhood Foundation.
- The hotel donated 120 watches and clothes to the local charity Wood Street Mission.
- The hotel donates lost property to Banardos and Wood Street Mission monthly.
- This city-centre accommodation is a proud achiever of the Bronze Award by the Manchester City Council's Environmental Business Pledge; the hotel is currently working toward achieving additional accreditation.
- All hotel management staff are trained on Leading Responsible Business.
- The hotel introduced a Green Team to assist with social, ethical and environmental issues faced by the hotel and its community.
- The hotel has its own Central Recycling Point for guests and visitors to use and works with local authorities to improve its recycling programme.
- The hotel participates in the Green Tourism Business Scheme.